Tuesday 25 August 2015

Fallout 4 - Enclave Officer

Having completed my Enclave Power Armoured Troops last week I quickly decided that they needed some officers to lead them into the Wasteland. For those who have played Fallout 3 you will be aware that officers in the Enclave strangely forgo the considerable protection provided by the advanced power armour that their troops wear, and instead march to war clad only in baseball caps and military fatigues!

Hmmm....this canvas suit and baseball cap definitely look far more protective than full power armour.

Unfortunately Brother-Vinni doesn't currently make any sculpts for the Enclave's glorious leaders and so I have been forced to scour the internet for comparable models to adapt to my needs. Luckily after an extensive search I found some suitable 28mm substitutes from Copplestone Castings.

Three Enclave Officers ready for battle, the two models with rifles will represent mere Lieutenants whilst the stern looking individual on the right looks more like a senior Captain or Major to me.



These figures are ideal for my FALLOUT needs and fit the Enclave officer role very nicely. The major difference between these guys and the in-game image is that they are wearing additional combat armour. This isn't an issue for me as it seems plausible that at least some Enclave officers would be sensible enough to don some form of personal protection and also gives me a larger canvas to paint the Enclave 'E' on.


I am really satisfied with these three models, especially the hand painted symbols on their chest armour. I am hoping that they will be effective combatants and commanders on the battlefield.

I think for my next project I will try and produce some Brotherhood of Steel Knights and Initiates clad in Combat Armour Mk II to accompany my existing BoS Paladins in T45d Power Armour. As ever I will keep you updated as the project develops.

6 comments:

  1. Nicely done squire. The freehand symbols are particularly well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Conrad! They were a real joy to paint and made a nice break from citadel/GW 'heroic' sculpts!

      I am really pleased with those symbols!

      Delete
  2. Another benchmark in your fallout project. Well done Sir, I hope to see some super mutants and raiders soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate.

      I am aiming for skirmish forces of 20-25 minis per side (maybe less for power armoured uber factions) so I will try and finish my Enclave/BOS forces and then move onto the other Wastelanders including muties, ghouls and the like!

      Delete
  3. Wow, nice choice of minis, they totally do the work! And great paintjob, they look absolutely ready for duty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Suber! I have to say I am impressed with how well they suit the role!! Copplestone have some really good models that I hadn't considered before but that I will now be using to fill in a variety of Wastelander roles!

      Delete